I remember watching our toddler daughters in the playground with other children. Left unattended they would falter and fall, bash heads and knees sometimes but all in all nothing to worry about, excluding some Greek mother hysteria. Little ones have an innate perception of risk and will not jump off a bench for no reason but that is as far as it goes. Simple staff, to protect against imminent danger, actions-reaction nothing long-term of complicated, hidden risk factors. Head bashing versus the harmful effects of second hand smoking. Long intro to get to why I am sick and tired to read great prose from analysts, even serious ones, that advice us locals to vote this, not that, ask Greece not to blink or scaremongers that see a nuclear catastrophe and a failed state in the making. Common thread in all these is that are written by Greek expats or just others that their own paycheck, family and skin are not in the game. And thus fail to understand the risk we are facing with any nuisance above the kindergarten level. Well intended people but irrelevant. My hope is that Europe will wake up, see the risk of events beyond anyone’s control unfolding and amend the treaties that build the flawed construction of the euro. Habermas is the required and only read here. (http://www.socialeurope.eu/2015/06/why-angela-merkels-is-wrong-on-greece/)
Most of those (us) in Greece are by now well in their trenches as partitioned by what matters most to everyone and this is only their personal risk analysis of potential harm and future prospects. Everyone with some savings have them by now in cash and hedging possible disaster scenarios and pushing their own agenda.
Greek society is by now split, and if some had doubts now they should have none. The haves are pitted against the have-nots or more accurately the have-nots and have-no-prospect-to-have are pitted against those that have or wait for an economic turnaround to start having again. This is deeply divisive and as every complex event rooted in the future highly unpredictable.
To all those pontificating about #Greferendum also bear in mind that humans have a finite lifespan and eye-watering statements like in twenty years Greece will thrive again only score in an exam paper. Thanks mate, in twenty years I might be dead, in the long run we all are. I do care about the future but happen to live right now, right here, have children and must provide even in the unlikely scenario. Supermarkets were you live will be open and banks running. I hope the same will be the case in Greece and no, I don’t care about capital controls. I care about society controls. You don’t, so, sorry, again, and no offence but fuck off.
- @Zorost1588 it's like during the cold war, not nice but there are good aspects in a war being just cold 3 hours ago
- RT @Chris_arnade: @brocialistmeme and another that is a bit more personal. qz.com/818726/donald-… 11 hours ago
- we had the Dutch, the Bavarians, the Serbs, there I lost count but now the best part, the Limburgers! All Limburgis… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 hours ago
- True but also you never NEVER gauge impact of EU on prosperity by downplaying a history of warfare amongst nation i… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 hours ago
- @Zorost1588 and a historic precedent of an all-out-war caused by fin bubble bursting being? 18 hours ago
- what we need in EU is to remove nat borders and have regions like a Swiss fed across the continent.Problem today is monolithic EU @nntaleb 21 hours ago
- europe was in a state of border flux till after WWII then again after fall of USSR. EU is what helps prevent war fixing borders @nntaleb 21 hours ago
- "The true is what he can; the false is what he wants" 1 day ago
- @EuropeElects careful what you copy-paste for hashtags, be professional & non partisan 2 days ago
- one caveat: for Greece "populist gov" means *all* of them for past 40y, not just their latest Avatar reincarnation @pkedrosky @NAChristakis 2 days ago
- RT @DavidEpstein: "We'd all run faster without a backpack on our backs." pesky measurement error and replication (h/t @WiringTheBrain) http… 2 days ago
- @PEleftheriadis but he is Tony Blair and not the best to voice an appeal to the nation's psyche 2 days ago
- @thanosk λάθος κουβέντα από την αρχή λες και έχει σημασία το βιογραφικό αυτών που είναι με ή κατά του όποιου Ξύριζα ή Κούλη. 2 days ago
- RT @Taxideutis: Μόλις τελειώσω τον πρώτο μήνα με τα Εξάρχεια, θα τελειώσω τον δεύτερο με το κυκλοφοριακό. #vouli (via Peterson Denise) http… 3 days ago
- γκο μπακ μανταμ μερκελ 0-3 3 days ago